PA to Headteacher / Clerk to Governors
Responsible to: Headteacher & Chair to the Governing Board
Grade 5 - September 2020
Hours: 28 hours per week (some evening meetings) 4 days per week, 8.30 - 4pm (flexibility with this)
Salary: Grade 5 – point 7 or 8 dependent on relevant experience
(Point 7: full time salary - £19554 (pro rata £12293 term time only)
Point 8 £19945 (pro rata £12539 term time only)
Term time only role: 39 weeks in school 4.2 weeks paid holiday
Responsible to: Headteacher and Chair of Governors
Main responsibilities of the role
We are looking for somebody to support the headteacher in all administrative aspects to allow them to focus on the strategic development and leadership of the school. The successful candidate will also facilitate the efficient functioning of the Governing Board by providing high quality administrative and organisational support; ensuring that the Governing Board works in compliance with the appropriate legal and regulatory guidance.
The right candidate will:
- be highly organised with a calm and flexible approach
- have an ability to work under pressure whilst juggling a number of different tasks
- provide efficient and confidential administrative and secretarial service to the Headteacher; including word-processing, letter writing and document publication
- have a strong grasp of written English and the ability to write clearly, accurately and concisely
- be highly competent with Microsoft Office programs and use IT to improve efficiency
Key areas of the role will be:
- To form a close working relationship with the Headteacher and to undertake a wide range of tasks to ensure the Head’s time is effectively managed as set out, but not limited to, the principle accountabilities within the attached Job Description.
- As Clerk to Governors, to undertake all aspects of the role as set out in the attached Job Description and explained within the Clerks Handbook.
- To act as Data Protection Officer to ensure compliance with General Data Protection Regulations.
The majority of hours associated with this role are to be based in school however some will hours can be worked remotely after an induction period.
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details. Unfortunately, under the current circumstances, we are unable to offer visits to the school. If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, please contact the School Business Manager, Becky Kemsley, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable time to have a conversation.
The Windmills Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to successful references, qualification checks, health clearance and a full safeguarding check (DBS).
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 28th September 2020
Interviews: Friday 2nd October 2020
Starting date: ASAP October 2020