Post Title: School Business Manager
Grade: 9 depending on experience
Hours of work: 37 hours per week Term time + 15 days (5 INSET days and 10 additional days - leave to be taken
during school holidays) - (£26,237)
Or a full time contract all year, for the right candidate, who can further support the headteacher and
the leadership team and demonstrate that they can extend the role further (£28,785).
Responsible to: Headteacher and Governing Body
The Windmills is a happy, three form entry, Junior school set in Hassocks village on the edge of the beautiful South Downs. We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and well-motivated School Business Manager to join us as early as possible in the autumn term 2019 (Sept / Oct). This is an
exciting post which offers the successful candidate the opportunity to develop the role further.
The school office is a busy and dynamic environment and is crucial to the smooth running of the
school. The successful candidate will be exceptionally organised, a strategic thinker, incredibly
efficient and a strong leader in order to fulfil the core responsibilities of the post:
- to organise, maintain and monitor the school’s financial and personnel systems effectively
and to a high standard;
- advising on budgetary matters and taking on a strategic role in the Senior Leadership Team;
- to ensure the school makes the best possible use of resources through effective forward
planning and financial consideration;
- to line manage administrative staff overseeing the smooth running of the office and
delegation of duties;
- to manage all HR issues and support the HT in all aspects of safer recruitment;
- to work alongside the Premises Manager on the upkeep and development of the site, including managing all lettings and associated Health and Safety issues; You will have:
- confidence and experience in financial management;
- strong literacy, numeracy and ICT skills (to GCSE level minimum expectation / higher
qualifications would be an advantage);
- a certificate, or diploma, in School Business Management or be prepared to complete this
- excellent communication skills and the ability to present both written, and verbal information
for the Headteacher, Senior Leadership Team and Governors;
- a proven track record of managing people positively and effectively;
- A genuine desire to involve yourself fully in the life of our school and to work as part of our
forward-thinking team of professionals. The successful candidate will join the school’s Senior Leadership Team and be expected to make a major contribution to the work of that team; carrying out all duties in line with the School’s ethos, policies, procedures and all relevant legislation. Applications are invited from professionals who have worked in school finances or within other sectors where similar skills are used – we welcome applications from candidates across all sectors. Please outline in your application your relevant experience and how you would use this to carry out all duties to a high standard, concentrating on the core aspects of the role contained within the job description and the requirements laid out in the person specification.
Visits to the school or conversations with the Headteacher are very much welcomed. However, due to the timing of the current post holder’s resignation, the opportunities to visit the school are limited to between 15th- 24th of July.
Should you wish to discuss any aspect of the post before applying, please ring the school during the
above dates or contact the headteacher on the below email.
Tel: 01273 842421 and speak to Sue Bandy PA to HT or email: email@example.com Closing date for applications: 12 noon Friday 9th August 2019 Only electronic applications should be submitted on the correct Application Form, no CVs will be accepted. Please email these directly to the headteacher at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will take place at the school on Thursday 15th August 2019.
The post is a permanent position, starting as soon as possible after the interview.
Our school is committed to the principles of equality of opportunity and to safeguarding and
promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share
these commitments. All posts are subject to safeguarding checks and pre-employment checks and
references will be sought prior to a firm offer of employment being made.