CORONAVIRUS: Stay alert. Control the virus. Save lives.
Schools have been asked to share the following information with parents:
What to do if your child becomes unwell or your family has come into contact with someone with Covid-19.
Symptoms of COVID-19
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not
need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more
coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot
smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
This message along with extended information can be found in the 'Latest Letters' section of the website.
The Windmills Junior School is a three form entry Junior School in the village of Hassocks just outside the South Downs National Park. We are exceptionally proud of our school and our pupils. Our pupils are highly motivated and thrive in our stimulating learning environment. We value the importance of creative learning and working together as a community. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum and provide exciting learning and sporting activities to ensure that the children have a wealth of experiences as they learn and grow.
We have a highly skilled team of teachers, teaching assistants and support staff who are extremely caring and totally committed to children’s learning, happiness and well-being.
FORTHCOMING INSET DAYS
Thursday 3rd & Friday 4th September 2020
Phased return for pupils from Monday 7th September
Monday 4th January 2021
Monday 22nd February 2021
Summer term: Friday 23rd July 2021
We believe that sound values and a positive attitude are crucial in becoming lifelong learners and our expectations of the children are very high. We want our children to love school, love learning and feel proud of their own achievements.
Hopefully you will find all the information that you need on the website, but please feel free to contact the school office on the email, or phone number above with any queries.
Headteacher: Mrs Leila Murray
- Latest Letters have been added to the School Website
- SCHOOL TO REOPEN AS USUAL on 23rd September
Water supply to the school has been fixed and school will open as usual tomorrow. We look forward to seeing you!
- SCHOOL CLOSURE 22nd September due to water supply issues- more information will follow as we have it
The School will be closed today. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We will update information as we have it from the water suppliers.
Coronavirus - information for families
· Nobody should come in to school for a period of 14 days if any member of their household has symptoms
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
For further information and useful links take a look at the COVID-19 information page
If you would like to receive paper copies of any letters or documents on the website please contact the school office who will be happy to provide a copy free of charge.
Reporting Child Absence
Please report your child's absence via Studybugs. Click on the links below to download the app.
Click on Learning Zone below for guidance on ways to continue learning from home for children who are unable to attend school.
NEW page . . . click on image below to see Mrs Murray's online assemblies
Spellings are now accessed via School Jotter, click on the image below to be taken to the login page.