Extracurricular Activities - Clubs and Extended School Provision
We believe that children at The Windmills Junior School have a core entitlement to a full curriculum and we are committed to doing all we can to make this broad, interesting and engaging. In order to supplement and extend children’s learning opportunities we try to run as many additional opportunities to carry on learning both before and after school as possible. We aim to offer these extra opportunities through various types of provision delivered by school staff, external providers and independent clubs — all with a view to increasing the range of experiences that children have.
By encouraging extra-curricular activities, we intend to:
- enable children to sample from a range of activities and pursuits that will help them choose leisure activities for adult life;
- enable children to have fun and enjoy a broad range of activities;
- enable children to extend their enjoyment of particular areas of learning through more in depth study and activity;
- encourage children to develop friendships between age groups, and work together cooperatively;
- increase and participate in a range of physical activities and contribute to developing healthy lifestyles.
Extra-curricular activities are not established to accommodate child care needs. The school has an outside provider, Kudzie, who works on site from 3.15 - 6pm who should be contacted for childcare.
CLUBS this term:
If sports clubs, practices or matches are cancelled due to bad weather, the school will attempt to contact parents by 2pm. Please see policy below for full details.
West Sussex Music also offer school time music lessons in -
- Violin and cello, please contact Ethan Merrick - Tel: 08452 082182 or www.westsussexmusic.co.uk
- Guitar, please contact Craig Bridle on 07963 749355
- Piano is a private tutor - details to follow
Other opportunities and Extended School Provision
What is an Extended School?
An Extended School is one that works with local organisations to offer access to:
- Out of school hours activities for your children all year round
- Childcare before and after school and in the holidays
- Family and parenting support and opportunities for you to learn with your children
- A range of specialist support services
- ICT, Sports and Arts facilities, adult and vocational learning
An ‘extended’ school is therefore one that provides a range of activities and services, often beyond the school day, to help meet the needs of its pupils, their families and the wider community.
Some schools in West Sussex already offer many of these services, whilst others are choosing to give out information on where they can be found.
The Windmills Junior School can give you information on a range of local organisations that offer access to the above. Some are found on our website, or in the school office. Our inclusion manager can help families to identify and access a range of specialist services for children with special needs.
You can find a range of information in our reception area at school and outside the inclusion managers office. You are welcome to pop in at any time to collect leaflets you find of interest or ask at reception for further advice.
Latest Extra Curricular Events
- Christmas holidays21Dec2017