Welcome to Year 6
Our topic for this term is CURIOUS CREATURES
TRIPS / VISITS OR SPECIAL THINGS HAPPENING THIS TERM:
1. Transition day at Downlands
2. Ardingly - Connect with the Countryside
3. Year 6 Production
4. Year 6 Leavers Assembly
1. Wednesday 4th July - All year 6 students attend Downlands for the day
2. Thursday 12th July
3. Monday 16th & Tuesday 17th July at 7pm
4. Friday 20th July
In year 6 we have introduced a homework record book, which helps children to organise and keep track of the different tasks set for different subjects. Over the course of the year, tasks will be set to consolidate classroom learning, enhance understanding of topic themes and, later in the year, provide additional practise and preparation for the year 6 SATs assessments.
Each page shows the homework set for a given week, including
- Maths - either written activities or online MyMaths tasks
- English/topic - research or preparation for current topic learning, or grammar and punctuation practise tasks
- Spellings - the list of words to learn for that week, along with checkboxes for practice sessions
- Reading - a reminder that children should read independently at least three times each week
The homework record book just needs parent/carer signatures for each task to confirm that they have been completed, while the activities themselves will normally be handed in or checked online.
Year 6 homework is set by the Thursday of each week, and due the following Tuesday (unless otherwise stated).
PE Days - Your child should have a PE kit in school every day, their named kit bag and all items of clothing should also be named.
A note is required if your child is unable to do PE for any reason.